10 Items To Bring When Going On A Picnic During The Covid-19 Pandemic Period
Picnics are a part of the lifestyle of the people of the US. Almost every weekend, either with family or friends, it's picnic day. Locations differ every time. Sometimes, it can be mountains, or beaches, or parks, etc. People pack big baskets full of their favorite foods. Some of the picnic foods include sandwiches, boiled eggs, some form of meat dish, salads, cold drinks, and the like.
But, because of the arrival of COVID-19 last year, this activity of people got affected, and everyone had to lock themselves up at home and just stare at their screens all day. All this became very tiresome and exhausting for people. They longed to go out to their regular picnic spots and hang out with their friends and family.
As the threat of COVID-19 has now started to settle down a bit, people in the US are now again out of their houses to enjoy their picnics and maintain all COVID guidelines and precautions.
In this article, we will focus on what items to take on your picnic during this pandemic.
Ways in Which you can have a Safe Picnic during the COVID-19 Pandemic
There are several ways in which you can safely enjoy your picnic with your family and friends without having to contract COVID. So, some of how you can do so are-
- Plan your Location- It will be best if you could have your picnic in your backyard or if you don't have one, then you go to a park during the off-time to avoid crowds. Be wise when choosing your spot because all you need is a blanket-sized spot of grass. Your neighborhood park may be a safer bet during this pandemic. Or you could have your picnic inside of your home also. Just play some ambient nature music or sounds to get that picnic mood.
- Pack Heavy- Your picnic kit must contain masks, hand sanitizer, and gloves. It would be best if you kept in mind that when visiting a park, the park services might be closed. Also, don't go to open bathrooms or to function water fountains; carry plenty of water with you. Picnic tables could also be cordoned off for the public so that there is less chance of the infection spreading around the park. It would be best if you packed your blanket or some lawn chairs in case you feel uncomfortable sitting on the blanket.
- Prep your Menu- Keep the menu light and simple. You can even ask your friends to prepare the same recipes as you so that you can try your versions of the same dishes and compare which one's better. Prepare finger foods for your picnic as they don't tend to get stale during the course of the picnic. You can even prepare a cheese and meat platter or some sweet stuff like cookies, cakes, or even brownies. You can even support your local restaurants to cater you some picnic food.
- Remember: Not Sharing is Caring- During the pandemic, make sure you don’t give or take each other’s food as it can also spread COVID among you and your family. Bring your food items and enjoy your food separately.
- Play a Game- Don’t pack frisbees or footballs as you don’t know where they might land when playing. You can take either some board games like chess or download some games on your phone and enjoy those with your friends.
- And, please, Clean up after Yourself- Make sure you don’t litter the park in the first place, but if you do so by mistake, then ensure that you do all the cleanup before leaving. If the litter is left lying around, it can be dangerous for the health and the environment.
- Opt for Disposable Dinnerware- Choose to have dinnerware that you can throw away after use or best those that are biodegradable.
- Keep your Foods properly chilled- You must keep your foods properly stored and chilled so that it doesn't go stale.
- Gather only a handful of people in your picnic as this ensures that only those who are fully vaccinated or don’t have COVID-19 can only attend. This includes your immediate family members. It should be restricted to 10 people.
- Do not handle foods and beverages unsafely because it is not the time to get sick with foodborne diseases.
So, these are some of the things to keep in mind when packing your picnic. Have a healthy and safe picnic during COVID.
Lastly, we would like to introduce a website called couponxoo.com, a growing website that gives huge savings when shopping from the website. You will have a wide variety of coupons to choose from a range of companies. The discounts start from 20% up to 70%- 80%. You can check out the various coupons just by simply clicking on the link of the website couponxoo.com. This website is easy to use, and you can avail yourself of different coupons on different days of the week. The website offers amazing deals as well. So, you should check out this website if you want to save huge amounts of money. They regularly update their coupons and deals on the website.